Well ok, its about time we started putting some of this down. An online journal of sorts. Since we spend a goodly amount of time in the gardens, the greenhouse and with our noses in books and catalogs we should not run out of topics for the foreseeable future.So last night we got a surprise, by seasonal standards, snow shower.

It was about 3 or 4 inches of the wettest heaviest snow blower gagging snow this season and hopefully the last.Phyllis got up first thing and removed the snow from the top of the temporary green house. We were not expecting anymore snow so we built it with a low pitch to save time and make it easier to put the plastic on. It left the plastic a bit sagging but not too bad. It will last for as long as we need it.The plows left a foot and a half berm at the end of the driveway and it was like concrete.

The snowblower chute clogged every 2 minutes. While I was cleaning the chute my thoughts drifted back to when a friends father was clearing the chute of his snow blower and lost parts of his fingers in the process. Even though the motor was not running there was pressure on the belt, enough to sever several digits. We used a stick.

Anyway its raining now and hopefully this crap will be melted and gone in a day or so. This Friday is suppose to be in the 60’s. We need to get some of the plants out of the greenhouse soon or it will explode.

Please share this page
Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterest

Leave a Reply